Update on Bethel Church Service (May 22, 2020):
After meeting with the full Leaders Council, we have decided to hold services at the church again (beginning this weekend Saturday 5.23 and Sunday 5.24 at their regularly scheduled times). We have not made this decision lightly. Over the course of our closure, we have met three times and have had several elder meetings to consider the merits of either having services begin or to continue with a video only service on the website.
During this time, if you are apprehensive about attending services, please continue to worship at home. This includes older adults who are at a higher risk; people with underlying medical conditions; family members who live with elderly people or those who are at risk; and people who have access to those at risk in nursing institutions. We will continue to put the recorded service online.
If you have any of the following conditions we urge you to stay home:
1. People who have upper respiratory or flu like symptoms
2. People who live with someone with upper respiratory or flu like symptoms
3. People with COVID-19 or who live with someone with COVID-19
4. People who have been exposed to someone with COVID-19
Furthermore, we will not be providing nursery or children’s services during this phase. If you do bring children (infants – grade 5) to church they must remain with you throughout the service and will not be allowed to interact with other children or adults.
you decide to attend an in-person service, here’s what you can expect in order
for us to follow the 6-foot distancing requirements:
- We will meet in Memorial Hall for both Saturday and Sunday services.
- We will keep the doors opened for you, handouts will be on a table, and the offering will be received online or by placing it in the “little church” offering box or an offering plate.
- We will space chairs further apart and only household members can sit together.
- We ask that when singing you use a mask.
- Wearing masks during the service is optional. If you are more comfortable wearing one, please do.
- We will dismiss by rows at the conclusion of the service.
- Hand sanitizer will be available.
- We will disinfect hard surfaces in the auditoriums, lobby, and restrooms before and after each service.
- We ask everyone attending to take their temperature before attending and if anyone in that family has a temperature, the entire family needs to worship from home.
We realize this is a lot to take in and creates an unusual situation for worshiping together. However, we want to create a healthy environment for those who are ready to return for in-person worship. We will continue to assess this and let you know of any adaptations and changes we make.
you have any questions, please call the church office (920) 847-2116 to speak
with Pastor Rick. We
believe God has incredible things in store for you and for Bethel in the days
and weeks ahead.
You are loved and prayed for,
Pastor Rick, Andy Munao (Chair), and the Bethel Leaders Council